Sunday, December 25, 2016

Au Revoir 2016!

Happy Holidays to everyone!! 

This year has been crazy to say the least. As I sit here in the post-Christmas Day quiet, I am reflecting and finally writing this post that I have been thinking of writing for a very long time.

My One Brave Thing Every Day project, take 2, has been lack luster. I haven't devoted the time necessary for me to make it nearly as fun and interesting for me as the first go round was, and I have realized that I ultimately missed the point. I was doing things all along that were brave, everyday. I just haven't looked at them as brave. Thinking of all of the changes I have made in the past year, I realized that I am doing way more that I even considered. So, in effect, I was successful in the ultimate goal, just not successful in following the journal and writing about it.  The experience overall was fun, I just have found that my time and attention have been pulled in other directions. I haven't devoted the time to writing. Something I again plan on changing. 

So, here I sit, writing about my "failed" experiment in blogging. I guess to say it failed is a bit harsh. I had fun, learned some things about myself, and grew. So I guess it did what it was intended to do.

As I continue to learn and grow, my next set of goals for the new year is oriented on the theme of simplification and quality over quantity. Stripping things down to the basics. Not allowing things that are negative, harmful or otherwise wasteful to remain a part of my life. 

So, welcome 2017. I am excited for the things I have planned for next year, and two of the biggest excitements are my travel plans. Super excited for Paris and then Sonoma in September. What better places for a wine lover to visit? Cheers to that! Travel. My love. I am afflicted with wanderlust and the only cure is to see the world. 

So, until next time, I hope you all had a lovely holiday season. Here's to a brighter new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment